4 Things to Know About the New Age of Video Marketing
With the birth of YouTube in 2005, video marketing was introduced to the online world. Video marketing has gone through a lot of changes over the years. These are four things you need to know about the new age of video marketing using various platforms including YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
The quality of video is important but it’s not everything…
You need to have high quality videos if you want good results for your business, however, having great production value will not necessarily equate to more views on your videos. A study by Wistia found that watching 10 seconds or less of a company’s video could tell viewers whether they should continue watching or stop completely.
” You don’t have time to waste on bad videos .”
If people can’t watch your video or find it uninteresting, they will not continue watching it. This is why having high-quality videos is important, but don’t forget to focus on the content of your video as well.
Video length does matter…
Another factor that contributes to how successful your video will be is its length . The sweet spot seems to be around two minutes, which was the average length of the most popular videos in 2016. Things changed in 2017 and fast forward to today in 2021, the average length of a video that generated the most engagement on Facebook was 5 minutes and 20 seconds .
It’s important to test different lengths and see what works best for your specific audience. For example, if you’re targeting people who have a shorter attention span, then you’ll want to keep your videos shorter. But if you’re targeting people who are interested in learning more about a product or service, then you can go longer.
Here are 4 things you need to know about the new age of video marketing.
4 Ways Video Marketing is Changing in the New Age 2021
LinkedIn Video Marketing Trends
One of the biggest changes that we’re seeing is that video marketing is becoming less about how long your videos are and more about their quality. As mentioned above, people can decide whether they want to continue watching your video in the first few seconds, which is why it’s important to make sure you come up with eye-catching titles and thumbnail images . And if you really want to grab someone’s attention, then use an interactive approach via live streaming or GIFs.
Live Streaming Is Changing Video Marketing for Good
According to Facebook Live Stats, over 100 million daily active users stream videos at least once a day on Facebook, making it the perfect platform for promoting events or conducting virtual tutorials. People love sharing streaming videos with others because it allows them to be part of the conversation.
And for brands, this is a great opportunity to establish a relationship with their audience by getting closer and providing more exclusive content. Here are a few ways you can use live streaming to your advantage:
- Virtual tutorials – Not everyone has access to good teachers or coaches who can lead them through certain routines or exercises that will help them improve their lives in some way. With Facebook Live, virtually anyone can share tutorials about how-to make homemade meals, DIY projects, workout routines and more from anywhere in the world! And even if they want personalized advice from industry experts, they can reach out to those influencers within the comments section of the video.
- Live coverage – People love following along with live events, which is why it’s important to host live streaming sessions before , during and after the big day . It keeps people engaged with your brand while also creating buzz.
- Event promotion – People are often on Facebook immediately before or after they attend an event. So how do you get them to stay connected with your brand? By hosting a live streaming session before, during or after the event . During this time, you can answer their questions about your products and services while promoting special offers that are exclusive to live stream viewers.
GIFs Are the New Emojis for Brands
Did you know that there are 20 billion emojis sent on Facebook every day ? That’s why brands are starting to use GIFs more and more in their video marketing strategy.
GIFs are a great way to capture someone’s attention because they’re short, fun and easy to share on social media. They also work well when you want to show how a product or service works without having to create a long, boring video.
Here are a few tips for using GIFs in your videos:
- -Start with the basics: You don’t need to be an expert animator to create a good GIF. In fact, there are plenty of websites and apps that allow you to create GIFs for free. Just make sure you have a clear idea of what you want your GIF to say or show.
- -Keep it simple: GIFs don’t need to be complicated. In fact, the best GIFs are the ones that are easy to understand and quickly get your point across.
- -Think about your audience: Just like with any other type of video content, you need to think about who your target audience is and what they would find interesting . If you can tap into what they’re interested in and what makes them laugh, then you’ll set yourself up for success.
- -Be consistent: GIFs naturally lend themselves to promoting certain types of content such as quotes, memes and events . So it’s important that you keep those types of GIFs coming so your audience can see what you’re all about.
Video Marketing Is on the Rise
Video marketing is on the rise and there’s no sign of it slowing down. In fact, according to Cisco, video traffic will make up 82% of all internet traffic by 2021. And that’s already happening! That’s why it’s important for brands to start using video in their marketing strategy if they haven’t already.
Here are a few tips for using video to market your brand:
- -Tell a story: People love stories, so think about why your product or service would be a good fit in someone’s life . Then you can tell that story through a video.
- -Leverage social platforms: Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat all have powerful video features that allow people to share what they’re doing at the moment. And by using those features, you’re providing your audience with even more content that’s relevant to them.
- -Invest in quality content: Just like with any other type of content, you need to invest in quality video content if you want to see results. That means filming in a high-quality setting, using good lighting and investing in editing software . By doing all this, you’ll ensure that your videos look great and people will want to watch them.
The new age of video marketing is breaking new grounds in the online world. And if you’re not sure where to start, don’t worry! Hire a professional animation company to help you understand how it’s all happening out there.